Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- 2 years, vith the possibility of extension - Rome, Italy
Mise en ligne le 12/12/2017
Missions : Agricultural Officer (Agroecology) (F/H) / Grade level : P-4
The Plant Production and Protection Division (AGP) promotes the sustainable intensification of crop production (SCPI). This requires the integration and harmonization of all appropriate crop production policies and practices within the broader Framework of sustainable food and agriculture that aims at enhancing productivity ; natural resources conservation; rural livelihoods and resilience.
Integrated and cross-sectoral agro-ecological approaches to sustainable crop production in the context of FAO's vision for sustainable food and agriculture, with emphasis on FAO's agroecology work plan in the context of FAO's Strategic Framework.
- Plans and leads components of multi-disciplinary teams, leads and/or participates on Organization-wide, cross-Departmental
committees, project teams, and working groups and/or provides specialized expertise on technical networks and/or international technical
Policy and/or international technical Policy and standard setting bodies.
- Develops technical, analysis, assessment, monitoring and/or reporting frameworks, and related methodologies, Tools, systems and
databases etc. to support the planning, implementation/delivery and monitoring of programmes of work, projects, products and/or
- Supports the implementation of FAO's Framework on agroecology with emphasis on the upscaling successful expériences and
establishes/maintains contact within FAO and with external partners to promote an interdisciplinary, integrated and participory approach
to agroecology and food systems.
- Participates in developing and promoting méthodologies, guidelines and standards in support of integrated, multi-sectoral production
systems, connecting crop production with other agriculturral sectors.